Watch This Video To CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cheat Day Is My Friend

I know that when trying to lose weight, get into shape, maintain the shape you're in...whatever, none of it is possible without a good diet. I eat 5x/day. Three meals and 2 snacks and no snacking before bed. I am always reconfiguring my caloric intake based on what exercise program I am doing. I figure my cals by using the tools that I have because I am a Beachbody Club Member. But I have a small problem. I LOVE junk food. I love pizza with extra cheese, homemade chocolate chip cookies, corn dogs at any fair or festival; pretty much if it's gooey or greasy, I would love to devour it! But if I want to be healthy and fit, well I have got let go of all of that...or do I?

I have learned, from my lovely coach, a little hint to help me stay on my path of healthy eating. CHEAT DAY! Oh how I live for cheat day! I eat Kashi Go Lean for breakfast, turkey wraps for lunch, lean proteins, vegetables, low-fat dairy, protein shakes, ect. all week...but when cheat day comes. I can have WHATEVER I WANT ALL DAY! I'm talking poptarts, McDonalds, pizza, milkshakes..whatever!! But the best part is, I can do this guilt-free!

The truth of the matter is, I have to allow this day for myself otherwise my cravings will consume me and I'll just throw in the towel. I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about! And truly, sometimes my cheat day really only consists of 1 meal because after eating right for so long my body gets used to the foods I'm putting into it and doesn't "need" the other junk.

Cheat Day is something that anyone on any diet plan needs to allow to themselves to keep them motivated and committed to their weight loss and health! (And if you really need it, you can always add a "cheat snack" in on another day during the week to help you pull through until cheat day comes around!)


Tell me, what are you eating on a daily basis that should be reserved for your own personal "cheat day"?


COMING TOMORROW: Nothing! Sunday is my day of rest!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Well Jen, I am still battling my mocha coffee addiction. I get the mochas with nonfat milk and no whip cream (unless I am having a bad day, and then I allow myself the whip cream!) but still this cannot be considered "eating clean." This week I'm going to try and wean myself down to 2 a week.

Dawn

Jen said...

Oh Dawn, I feel for you! I have recently discovered that I love coffee...IF I can add some yummy flavored creamer. Probably not the best thing...right! haha!! I just can't see myself kicking this one, but I'm going to try!

Good luck to you!!! :)