Watch This Video To CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Can We Exercise Today?

How did my kids react when I starting eating right and exercising on a daily basis?

WELL...

First they laughed and pointed at me huffing & puffing in the middle of our living room. They were somewhere between horrified, embarrassed and confused.

But, then they decided to join me, but quickly decided it was "too hard".



Then they started to ask if what they ate was healthy or not.



(Side Note: NO I don't make those two wear bibs..this was them acting silly!)

Then they asked for their own workout video "for kids".






We now have two kids (our 1 year old is a bit too young yet to realize what's going on) that are conscience of what they put in their bodies, and know that exercise is good for them and will make them strong. See, parents really DO lead my example!




Of course I still hear the occasional "Well gummi worms are bad for you, but not THAT bad...right?" But we'll worry about that another day!


How do you keep your kids focused on their health? Leave me a comment and let's discuss!


COMING TOMORROW: I'll tell you why I feel no guilt over eating pizza with extra cheese!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey Jen,

Your kids are so cute exercising! I don't have a problem with my kids exercising--they are very active to say the least. LOL. My main struggle is to get them to eat healthy. I just keep introducing healthy things and hope they start to like some of it. I just found out this week that my 1 year old loves broccoli so that is at least a small victory.

Take care and keep fighting the good fight. ;)

Dawn

Jen said...

Dawn,
My one year old has found a love for green beans. Whenever we have them I swear she begs for a 2nd and even a 3rd serving. It's so funny watching her shove them in her mouth like someone is going to steal them from her!

It's really good to be back at this! I'm doing pretty good!

Jen